Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Rolly Polly Owen. Milestone Alert!

He did it!! At exactly 18 weeks of age, Owen Christopher rolled over! I'm ecstatic that I actually got to see it! My big fear in going back to work was that I would miss the milestones. Luckily Owen is extremely aware of my need to see everything and does not do anything remarkable unless I am around. (I am fully aware of my delusional thinking but it gets me through the day).
It was Tuesday night and he rolled to his right from tummy to back. My mother and I praised him and clapped for him as if he had just figured out the formula for cold fusion. He seemed extremely proud of himself. Apparently he was pleased enough with his one amazing act and now has no motivation to prove himself again. In fact, he may have regressed in the past 2 days. Today we laid him down on the floor hoping that he would reenact the roll over for his father. Unfortunately, he seemed perfectly content to stare at the TV (which by the way is a whole other issue and will most definitley be delt with in a future post).
Regardless of this, he's a genius and is most certainly the 1st boy to roll over so soon (once again, aware of the delusions. Don't care). Yay Owen!

2 comments:

Renay said...

Ya-whoooo our lil' rolly polly friend! That's really great-I hope you find motivation to show off for daddy too soon and maybe show mom how fast you an be once you get going-there's no stoppin' ya now!!!

Renay said...

BTW, I clicked all your links for adsense...it's not tacky-it's smart-some of them were actually interesting links;-) Plus, we've earned about 8 bucks so far...free money so-why not, eh?