Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Week In Pictures

It was a great week for pictures! Dan was home a lot this week now that the summer concert season is winding down. Here's the week in review! On Sunday, we headed down to the 1st anual Grand Blanc Family Fun Fest. We got Owen all bundled up and walked over to the carnival site. Unfortuneately Owen was too little to really do anything and we missed the beautiful baby contest. The day wasn't a total bust however. Dan was able to enjoy his favorite carnival culinary delights - french fries with malt vinegar and elephant ears. They were of course prepared with the utmost dedication to sanitary procedures and chalked full of nutritional value.

Owen getting raspberries from Dad. He has become a big daddy's boy lately! I'm thinking about bribing him back to me somehow. When can you start giving kids mass amounts of chocolate? Finally! I good picture of Owen and I! It helps make up for the fact that he's 7 months old and I haven't taken him to the studio for professional pictures yet. Dan and Owen managed to get their own great picture in too. Of course, Dan had to one up me by getting a great outdoor shot! For some reason, still unbeknownst to me, Dan put Owen in the front seat of the car. Now don't start calling me Britney Spears yet! We didn't actually drive anywhere! Owen seemed to love the view from the passenger seat however!

Dan's birthday was on Saturday! Owen got him a special "Daddy and Me" cake. He even got to eat a little too. Dan loved the cake. Here's the problem I didn't anticipate. In order to eat this stupid cake I have to slice right through Owen's head! Now, it wasn't so hard cutting through Dan's side of the cake (it was theraputic in fact), but we now have this cake in the refridgerator with just Owen's head on it. I don't think it will ever get eaten!

Whew! What a week!

4 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

What a cutie!! I love reading about him!!
-Katie

Renay said...

Happy Belated Dan! What an adorable lil' man you are both blessed with (hmmm...this could go either way-was I addressing Dan and Cat or Owen and Cat?-I digress...).

What a fun week you had! It's a good thing you missed the beautiful baby contest so the other parents could go away with their heads high (if you were there, Owen would've stole the show).

Great pix of mom and baby...sorry to hear about the daddy bonding thing-I've had to deal with it times 2 and I'm trying to keep my Owen on my side-likely a lost cause, but to answer your question, I started the chocolate infusing in the womb for my Owen:-)

Anonymous said...

Owen is so dang cute! I love when you post new pics of him!

Anonymous said...

Hah! I love it, all the pictures are fab and belated happy birthday to Dan. It was so nice to read this fun update!