Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cousins and Tigers and Solids - Oh My!

What a week Owen has had! His first Independence Day was celebrated at Comerica Park. It was however, his 2nd Tigers game. This kid has a more active social life than I do! Tigers beat Cleveland - YAY! Owen was actually really good! He sat in our seats with us (awesome seats, by the way, right behind the bull pen) for 4 entire innings! I don't think even the players can watch the games for that long. My sister Anne and Drew headed back to Florida :(. Everytime she leaves I never feel as if I've had enough time. I cannot believe the irony of our situation. After so many rough sibling years, we are finally at the EXACT same points in our lives only now she lives in Florida! I'm so proud of her though. She moved strictly for her career and ended up creating an entire life for herself. When she moved down there, she knew one person and she now has a complete support system including a fiancee, the best friends anyone could ask for and wonderful soon to be in-laws. I'm glad she's happy, but I'd still rather Anne was here with me.
Now for the really big news - I probably should have dedicated and entire post to this, but I couldn't wait to reveal the big news. Owen has started solids!
Yesterday, we served up a little yummy rice ceral to our big boy! He was so stinkin' cute. Dan and I can tell he's been ready for a little while now. He's doesn't seem to be satisfied with just his bottles anymore. He chews on the nipples when he eats (uh, just to clarify, I mean bottle nipples, not mine!). He can hold his head up pretty well. He just seems ready. The first feeding was nothing spectacular - Owen kept letting the cereal spill out of his mouth. Today however, he really made some improvments. When we would bring the spoon up - he would actually open his mouth! Is that a really genius thing to do? I think it is. He's really advanced isn't he?
Anyway, below is his first foray into the world of solids (although I'm not quite sure why they are called solids - I've had thicker milkshakes than the rice cereal crap).
Oh and in case you are wondering - yes, that bib does say "Hoops" which is a sports bar. Does that make us bad parents?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were sitting in the opposite side than we did! How funny!!
We are heading up there the 26th to see the Dr, we should get together!!