Monday, July 2, 2007

Drew's Home!!

At last, my sister and her son Drew are back where they belong in Michigan! My sister Anne had a son 6 days after Owen was born. What a story that was! I found out I was pregnant on June 11th of 2006. A week later I flew to Florida to see Anne. I wanted to tell her in person that she was going to be an Aunt and I bought her a personalized key chain that read "Aunt Annie". She picked me up from the airport and we both cried when I revealed my news. We then drove straight to the CVS to buy a pregnancy test as Anne also suspected she was knocked up. The strip turned pink and so began the most stressful year of my parents life! Anne and he fiance Steve gave birth to Andrew James 6 days after Owen was born. It's horrible having to be so far away from my nephew and sister but webcams help a little. Drew and Owen could not be more different. Drew is huge! He is 4.5 months and in 9 month clothing. He is 18 lbs and 27 inches long. 27 inches! He is the sweetest most laid back kid though (obviously aside from Owen of course). Anne and I actually got a sister bonding night on Friday. She happened to time her arrival to coincide with the Buick Open which means one thing - Beer Tents! We went out together for the first time in almost 2 years. We had a blast and were sisters in rare form.
This is from our first vistit to Florida in April. We call this "Gilligan and the Skipper"
Cousins gotta hug!

United in cuteness, bound by the common goal of making their parents crazy!

1 comment:

Renay said...

Love the cousin updates and pics!!! Too adorable!