Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Promises

I promise you Owen Christopher....

...to allow you to make mistakes. No doubt you will make them, but we will always love you no matter what.

...to teach you to be open. You should never ever be embarraseed of who you are. If you are open, people cannot be ignorant.

...to always laugh with you. We will have fun - lots of fun. I want you to always rembember a home full of laughter.

...to provide you every avenue of support that you need. You are not alone. I will make sure that you have other little people to grow up with.

...to instill in you a sense of self. You get to decide the things that define you as a person. No one else can do it for you.

...to help you see dwarfism as a gift. With your big smiles and big personality, you can let others get a glimpse into the world of little people.

...to always cuddle you. You can't escape it, not even when you are a grown man. "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be."

...to make you strong. You will inevitably face cruel people. I want you to know that they can only hurt you if you let them.

...to foster your dreams. There are no limits for you. Your height will be a challenge, not a dead end.

...to love you unconditionally. That will never change.

4 comments:

Renay said...

As if I needed to cry anymore today. What a blessed little boy you have-he'll cherish your blog always!!!

Anonymous said...

are you guys going to the LP conference in Detroit next year? We are considering, but hoping 09 will be in Hawaii :0) as we are surely planning to make 09.

Candi Hill
YaYa to Bryan

Anonymous said...

Very well said!!

Anonymous said...

I just finished looking at your whole site and crying my eyes out. I am 21 weeks and was told last week that my baby has a good chance of having lethal skeletal dysplasia. We won't get our results for another 2 weeks but reading your story really gave me hope. I would love to be able to find out more if you wouldn't mind. My email address is cprisbrey@yahoo.com.