Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Knoah!

We finally met! Owen, my mom and I were lucky enough to score and invite to the hottest ticket in town...Knoah's birthday party! What a great day it was for all of us.
I finally got to get my hands on Knoah and he was every bit as cute in person as he is in the pictures (if not more so)! It was so wonderful to meet Aiden and Sue as well. Aiden is Knoah's (and now Owen's) little person friend who just celebrated his 1st birthday a month and 1/2 ago.
As my mother and I drove home, we commented on how unusual-slash-lucky it was to have 3 boys within months of each others age, with achondroplasia, living within a couple of hours of each other. As my husband pointed out, now we just need to find three baby girls with achondroplasia in the area. Nice, Dan!
I am very grateful to have met Tonya and Sue. I felt like I had known them for years. It is comforting to know that this will be the beginning of a lifelong friendship for Owen and myself.

Ok - on to the big event!

Of course I brought my camera so I think the event will be best represented in a pictorial.

Hmm...whose this guy?

Yeah, this is pretty cool!

The latest craze in birthday hats.

Do I have something on my face?

Uhhh, yeah...I'm gonna need some of that cake ASAP.

Ok, if I can't have your cake, Aiden and I will play with your toys!

The first meeting of the cute council!

Cutie patootie!

New best friends. Happy 1st birhtday Knoah!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

That is TOO cool. Love the pics, and you're right, it's fairly amazing that you all live that close. WOW! For some reason, we haven't found a girl with achondroplasia close to Liz's age. In fact, now that I think about it - we're surrounded by little boys in our area too.

Anonymous said...

WOW Cat!! I am impressed, you blog immediately after an event! No prompting, no harrassing emails, all on your own!! GOOD GIRL!

It was GREAT to meet you guys!!

Owen is just beautiful!! He is even more handsom in person! His eyes are gorgeous and his rolly poly tummy, Love it!!

I hope we can get together more often! Thank you so much for coming! Also, thank you for (K)Noah's Ark!! ;) Jacob got a kick out of that when he saw it!!

Anonymous said...

I think the internet's going to get overloaded with the cute pics from that party. At one point in the first hour, I counted five cameras on the one table alone! ;-) Hey, have a Haloburger for me, ok? That would be a cheeseburger deluxe with olives ... :-D

The Johnson Family 5 said...

What great pictures of the party! How neat that all 3 boys live so close to each other. I haven't found anyone in our area. Cole is almost 4 months now...I think he needs a friend! :) Owen and Knoah sure are cuties!

-Katie Johnson

Anonymous said...

CUTE, CuTe, cute...I am SO jealous, I wish we could have been there. Thanks for all the awesome pics...it looks like you guys had a really good time....

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Candi and Skeet said...

What cute kids! I have missed so much since I have been on leave from work. My internet at home wasn't working right so I could never check in. I have been thinking about you all and appreciate you checking in on me! I am back to work now so you will be hearing from me more often!