Thursday, November 29, 2007

Giving Thanks

For once in my life, it wasn't about the food!
This is in no way a slam on my mothers cooking of course, but more of an indicator of what an incredible year we have had.
I have so much to be thankful for this year. I am thankful that my son is alive. I am thankful for everything we have been through this year. I am thankful that because of my son, my view of the world has changed. I am thankful that I have found such a wonderful support system. I am thankful for my family's unconditional love for my child (and for me). I am thankful to have a husband who is completely crazy about our son. I am thankful that I have have ended up in Holland.

That being said, my heart breaks for those whose stories have not turned out as mine has. Most notably the Dungey's and Candi (a woman whose eagerly anticipated daughter did not make it). My thoughts are often with them.

As for Owen's thankgiving. He was thankful for the mashed potatoes!

This will be fun to clean.

Owen's first word - tryptophan.

In the grand tradition of men everywhere, the pants are off!

That weekend was the traditional tree cutting day! Owen was no help. He didn't help pick out, cut down or load up our tree. This kid better start pulling his weight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cat,

Owen needs to start pulling his own weight? Huh! I've held him, trust me, he is!! That's all the work that boy needs! What a handsome man!! Owen, that is...sorry Dan :)

Anonymous said...

Cat, Owen just has the best cheeks I've ever seen ... particularly cool under that Santa hat. He's no dwarf ... that's one of Santa's Elves under there! ;-)

Anonymous said...

This kid is ADORABLE! And his Mom is a pretty clever writer. :0)
I particularly love the "pants off" picture/comment. We do all have much to be thankful for. I don't think I've ever had a better Thanksgiving than this one with Bryan. Ever. Holland is an awesome place. Hope all is well.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan