Sunday, June 29, 2008

NEW!!! LPA National Conference 2008 Report (part 2)

Do you like how I've divided my posts up into parts? I feel that it really builds the anticipation for what is coming next. Kinda like the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. It also gives me a small sence of self importance the way a roman numeral at the end of my name would. Anywho...

Before I really get into more LPA stuff, I want to throw the spotlight on my fellow blogger Katie. Has anyone noticed that her blog list now keeps track of the last time you posted? I think this is her subtle way of calling out all the blog slackers (you know who you are!). I'm kinda jealous I didn't think of it first. although I may still shamelessly copy the format. It's kinda like a competetive sport! It's totally kicked my butt into posting more because I don't want to see How Life is Measured 7 weeks ago on her blog. I used to just go down my list of blogs in order to catch up but I now go to Katie's first and go down her list so I can see who's posted most recently! Kudos for the time saver and the motivation!

Well Tonya beat me to it, but I was defintely going to mention all the faces I recognized at conference. I too saw Marty Klebba and actually met his sister. They are from the Metro Detroit area (Troy)which I didn't know, but may have been able to guess had I seen the Detroit Tigers tats on his arm (nothing gets by me!). I also saw the Foos who had a couple Discovery Channel specials and briefly spoke to Kenadie who has primorial dwarfism and her father. I too saw the Roloffs and got to watch Zach play ball at the DAAA games. Throughout the week there were quite a few faces that I recongnized and couldn't place only to realize later that they had been the subject of one of the many dwarfism segments I've seen. Owen was definitely humbled. It was good for him, with his small potatoes local news story, to get knocked down a peg or two. I will say though, I was totally taken aback to be approached by a few people who read the blog. I'm not going to lie - it was awesome!

We attended the banquet on Thursday night and Dan and I felt it was well worth it. The Mariott had a great dinner prepared and the awards ceremony was great to see. It gave us a heads up as to which scholarships we need to push, ahem...I mean encourage Owen to win. It also gave us a little more insight as to who's who within the LPA and how much work is involved in putting the Conference together. But if I'm really being honest, there was wine involved and it was the first time we've been able to sit down and take a load off with our fellow LPA members. The dance afterwards was a blast and Owen, in his Sunday best, was a dapper debonair ready to shake his tailfeather!

YES! There is a part 3 coming! Of course you all should have known based on the way that I went on and on about the Florida trip. The next post will try and give some tips as to what I learned as a first time Conference attendee. Hopefully I can help the first timers going to NYC!

Owen loved the scooters. All week he followed anyone with a scooter. I can't believe he didn't get run over
My two handsome boys. Aren't I a lucky girl?
John Travolta ain't got nothing on me!
Even Mom and Dad had fun!
This is my friend Charlene who took great care of me in Kid's Camp.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe that I didn't see you at the banquet! I looked for you, but with no luck. I was near the dancefloor since my boys were shaking their groove things. Glad you had a great time!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Owen is to die for in his little outfit! Thanks for the shout out! I got tired of going to each blog to see if there was an update so I figured out that I can add it to my blog! Wala! Now..I can just go to one spot and see who's updated and who hasn't :) Just trying to keep everyone on their toes! lol

The new layout looks fabulous!

Kim said...

Cat-your posts make me laugh-especially about Owen being humbled. His outfit is ADORABLE! I like that he matched Daddy. I am looking forward to Part III!

Anonymous said...

Cat,

Thanks for the conference update. Owen sure looks dapper. We are looking forward to next year's conference already.

Oh, and I love the new layout. So cute!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Owen really was a cutie in that outfit he wore to banquet. I had so much fun and it was great seeing you guys again. Keep in touch and hopefully we can get together at the next event.