Sunday, June 15, 2008

One Year Old!

No, no, not Owen of course...My blog!
It started as a means to share Owen news with family and friends and morphed into a way to help other people. Like the Roloffs and Tonya, I thought that by putting our life out there, we could familiarize people with dwarfism. After 15,000 hits, 81 posts, 18 linked blogs, 8 videos, 1 article in the newspaper and 1 guest blogger (thanks mom!), I feel like I'm the one who has gained the most. I've met amazing families, heard heartbreaking stories and laughed at the hilariousness of my fellow bloggers.
So with my Bush Light in hand (long story...I'm working part time now, hence the really cheap beer...the subject of my next post!), I raise a toast to the blog and all my fellow bloggers.
Happy Birthday to me!

5 comments:

Everything Evelyn said...

Happy Blog Birthday to you!

Love always, Linda

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Happy Birthday! Hehe :) I think we have ALL come such a long way. I look back and see, hear and feel the uncertainty in our posts and now we have embraced and moved past the obsticles put in front of us. I'm glad to call you my friend...well friend that I've actually never met in person! lol You know what I mean :) Thanks for keeping us entertained through all of your posts!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I really love your blog. The stories are very entertaining! When I meet you next week, I'll buy you a "real" beer!!

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday Blog!! Cat, I feel so honored to have had the chance to meet your whole family!! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend and have a big party!!! Hey, I'll even buy you another real beer, I'll have the hard stuff...we'll do our our bar hop ;)

Kim said...

Cat,
I don't know if you remember who I am or not. I live over in Grand Rapids and sent you an email a few months ago (which you were nice enough to return! lol)
Anyways, although I don't always comment, I'm always checking in to see what is going on with Owen. He has got to be the cutest thing on the planet!!
Anyways, I wish you were the best juggling the Mom/job thing! Being a single Mom myself, I know how hard it is to walk out that door and leave that precious little guy home while you go out to work. But there is something to be said about electricity and food eh? LOL
Keep up the good work and feel free to blog more now that you are only working part time - I LOVE reading it! :)
Kim