Monday, September 8, 2008

Labor Day Weekend (OK it's a week late but better late than never?)

On Labor day weekend, Dan, Owen and I spent a fun fill time camping with the other Wright family. Dan's brother Andy, his wife Linda and their daughter Evelyn. We had SOOOOOO much fun!!! Yes - capital letter, 6 "O"'s, fun!

It was wonderful to spend time with them. We don't do it often enough. My niece is pretty much the cutest little girl you've ever seen. She's totally gorgeous and has personallity for miles. Andy's already cleaning out his gun in anticipation of the high school years!

It was Owen's first trip up north and I must say...he did pretty damn good! Almost better than I did (Owen doesn't crave running water and a blowdryer like I do). He slept and behaved well. I have absolutely no complaints. Well, one actually....After 3 days in the Manistee national forest...we were a smelly family! Espically the little dude.

Notice the resemblence between Owen and Evelyn. I think it's definitely a big one. Although I suppose that's not too far fetched with Dan and Andy being identical twins and all. And no, in case you were wondering, they have never pulled the ol' twin switcheroo on Linda and I. A girl can only dream. Haha! Just kidding!

OK - I just woke up, no make up, no shower...let's look past the appearance people!

My sister in law, Linda with Evelyn

Owen thinks Andy is Dan! Which actually didn't happen as often as you would think.

Owen fell asleep on Dan for 2 hours at the beach. Not in this position though! Can you imagine the tan lines?

Crazy beach dude hair. Owen's first S'more. He's pretty good with a stick, a marshmellow and a campfire. Haha! Just kidding. The kids playing with their glowsticks. Owen's super impressed.

Dan was oddly good at moving with the glowsticks...Hmmm....too many early hour raves??

Party in the camper!

2 of my 3 favorite kids (Drew being the 3rd)

11 comments:

Mike Mallinson said...

As always, Owen is adorable! Woulda been hysterical if they'd actually slept that way for two hours, though!

mejane said...

Hi! My name is Jane and my son, Jake is 10 months old and has achondroplasia. I've enjoyed reading your blog, among others and have created my own. Do you mind if I add you to my blog list?

http://thechroniclesofdrake.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! (I'm the same as you, my idea of camping is the nearest Holiday Inn! LOL)
Owen looks like he was having a blast!
So glad to see you back in blogger world! :)

Unknown said...

I can't get enough pictures of Owen! Looks like you all had a great time!

Lisa said...

Wow! Great photos. What fun! Don't feel bad about the Labor Day postings. We've still got Labor Day photos we need to post too.

Mmmmm. Smores. One of our favorites. Better watch out - he'll get addicted to them - like Liz and I have and we make them at home too. Check your e-mail when you get a chance because it looks like we'll have some free time in Brighton on a Sat. in October.

Charlene said...

Loved the Crazy beach dude hair pic... and as always, Owen is just too cute for words!
It looks like you guys had a great time! Hopefully we will see each other again soon!

Kim said...

Cat-I miss you when you don't blog. As always there is always one line that completely gets me-this time it was Dan's movement with the glowsticks. Once in college my friend dated this guy that danced with glowsticks so I bought some and danced to some really bad club mixes. (I can't dance which made it funnier)
I love the pic of Owen's beach hair. I also love him in his pjs. I love pj pics.
Glad you had a good time!

Becky said...

So cute! It looks like you had a blast! I love the beach pictures, especially the one of him asleep on Dan.

Anonymous said...

What fun! I love to camp, but in Texas camping is no fun in the summer, unless of course you pitch your tent in the water somewhere. 100 degree heat, mosquitos the size of bats and no running water do not make a good combo!

It looks like you all had a great time. I love the beach hair photo! and tell Dan that those rave daze are over now, he's got kids! LOL

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Amanda said...

the pj pics are too cute! my son has the same jungle animal ones. =)

the beach dude hair pic is adorable!

love the blog-keep it up!

Everything Evelyn said...

We did have a wonderful time! I blogged about our weekend too. Cat - If you haven't had time to check out Evelyn's blog, please do because it has some great pictures of Evelyn and Owen. --Linda