Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dan - Did you remember our anniversary?

Dear Dan,
3 years ago today was the happiest day of your life. You entered into the sacred bonds of marriage with me! I love you more today than yesterday....but not half as much as tomorrow. Hmmmmm, that sounds familiar. In all seriousness, there is no one I'd rather spend forever with. I love you!
Cat

OK - now because it's my blog, I get to re-live my wedding day. You are listening to our wedding music. "By Your Side" was our wedding song and "In Your Eyes" is our unofficial song. Corny huh? (the rest of the music is just some of my playlist I didn't want to erase)

Our wedding was, as the kids say now a days, off the chain! To this day, people still refer to it as the best party they've ever been to. Dan and I broke the halls record for biggest bar bill (as far as I know the record still stands). As career restaurant people, we had a reputation to uphold.
Somewhere in there, we managed to get married in full Catholic ceremony. The priest who has given me 5 out of the 6 sacraments I have recieved (for those Catholics out there who are counting, I almost died at birth and was given the anointing of the sick) married Dan and I on October 8th, 2005.

Let's take it from the top shall we?

My maid of honor & sister and I. This is exactly why people wear make-up to weddings. If I were famous, I would end up on the cover of Star magazine with the headline "Stars with out make-up: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly". You figure out where I would fall.


I loved my hair! I didn't want a tight, sprayed, updo. It was based off Emmy Rossum's Oscar hair in 2005. Luckily, I look exactly like her so it wasn't too hard to pull off! Haha!
I was really, really, really, nervous. It suddenly hit me that everyone was going to be looking at me. So I started drinking. Early. Pink champagne at 10:00am! After my dad walked me down the aisle, the first thing I said to Dan was "I'm kinda buzzed!" I hope the priest didn't hear me.
Dan, his dad and his brother Andy
My flower girls were my cousin Chloe, my nieces Alexis and Courtney.
My sis and I
Check out the smackaroo Dan laid on me. Check out the disapproving look from the priest!
After the ceremony was over, I immediately gained 5 lbs while recessing from the church.
Yay! No more leg shaving! Families merging
I seriously had the hottest bridesmaids! Friend Danille, sister-in-law Linda, Me, sister Anne, best friend Margo.
The guys weren't to shabby either

The phallic white tubes that people are holding were our wedding favors. They were thundersticks with our names & wedding date on them. When we were announced at the reception everyone beat them together while "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC played. It was awesome.
Our photog, managed to get some beautiful sunset shots. It's not a backdrop! At some point the DJ handed me a microphone. Big mistake. I rambled on about love and life and blah, blah, blah. Something to the effect of "I don't care who you love, just as long as you have love...". Totally embarrassing.
My wedding day was also my grandmothers 80th birthday. Instead of tossing the bouquet, I gave it to my grandmother. She and my granfather had been married for over 60 years. You could still tell how crazy they were about each other.
First dance to "By your side"
After an emotional daddy daughter dance. My dad, my sister and I shared a moment.
So there it is in a nutshell. It was a fun, emotional day. Regardless however of how wonderful the wedding is, it's the marriage that was the most important thing.

18 comments:

Mike Mallinson said...

I'm kinda buzzed?? ROTFLMAO

Wool's family said...

Cat~
Your smiling is so so beautiful.
Tell him.
Dan is a lucky man connecting with you.
also you. *^^*

- Song hee (Wool's mom) -

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures, and awesome wedding! Isn't it so much fun to re-live all that excitement? My wedding feels like it was a dream, it went by so quickly and I had so much adrenaline pumping, I am thankful for the video so I can remember it all! You looked absolutely beautiful. Yeah, someone had the silly idea to hand me the microphone too...except I didn't talk...I SANG...and I wouldn't give it back. So it wasn't so much a wedding as it was Emily's Karaoke Show!

Unknown said...

I love the pics, Cat. You were/are absolutely beautiful! Everyone looked happy, so you obviously weren't a bridezilla! (btw-have you seen that show? wow!) Thanks for sharing your memories. "In Your Eyes" is my all time favorite song!

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary!! You made a beautiful bride. Lots of wonderful memories and I'm sure there will be many more to come.

Glad to hear that we weren't the only ones setting the record for a bar bill. Good time had by all :)

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like it was an AMAZING day you shared together and a GREAT party! I always knew you would throw some good parties! haha You looked beautiful in your dress!

Danielle said...

What beautiful pictures! Our anniversary is next month, I'll have to try to scan some of ours...a lot of alcohol was consumed at ours as well...i think the whole wedding party was drunk by the time the pictures were done!

Everything Evelyn said...

Happy Anniversary to Dan and Catherine!!

Love always, Linda and Andy

Jennifer said...

How appropriate that you're both working tonight. Celebrate your anniversary where you met and fell in love! Did you plan that?

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary. Can you seriously write a newspaper column already because you are the funniest person in the world. You were a gorgeous bride and seriously I wish I knew you back then so Icould have come to the party! ALthough on October 8, 2005 I was as big as a house pregnant, so I would not have helped run up the bar bill!

Becky said...

What a beautiful wedding! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...the memories! Seriously it was such a blast! I hope my wedding is that fun! You were the most georgous bride. PS...I was so chubby in those pictures.

Annie

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kim...you missed your calling, your are seriously the funniest person ever. "no more leg shaving"...LMAO...still...I needed that. Terry and I spent last weekend in Vegas celebrating our 25th...we finally got a honeymoon after all these years. Congrats to you and Dan...before you know it you will be holding Owen's kids and wondering where the years went...like me! Now one more day and I'm headed home to spend the weekend with Bryan! Yea!

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

P.S. Hi Jennifer...I'm trying to get around to answering your email soon! (Partying in Vegas is exhausting!)

Alex said...

you were a gorgeous bride! I LOVE the AC/DC part of your wedding, so cool!
Happy anniversary!

Andy said...

Cat, you look stunning in your wedding photos. It looked like such a special day!

Sorry to hear about Dan's grandma but glad she had some special times with Owen. The picture of him kissing his great Grandma is adorable and will be something for him to treasure in the future.

Thank you for your lovely comment on our blog today. We feel so loved and cared for.

Love to Dan and big hugs for gorgeous Owen!

Clare and Andy xx

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary!

I love these pictures. You were the most beautiful bride I've ever seen, hands down.

xo,
Kara

Danielle said...

I also wanted to add that the photo of you with your dad and sister is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen!

sehugo04 said...

Your pics are beautiful! Unfortunately, most of our pics included a blue cooler.....and our guests drank 2 kegs before we even got there! LOL