Sunday, November 30, 2008

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

We're back from Florida! My sister is married, we met The Mazurs, Thankgiving was Thursday, Owen was sick. I have a lot to cover!
I'm going to break the blog posts up a bit so as not to overwhelm with information! Also, I have to wait to post wedding pictures. All my pictures from the day suck and I didn't even get a good shot of my sister! In my defense, I was in the wedding.

I was more worried about how Owen would do on the plane on this trip than I have been about any other flight he's been on. He is after all, flirting with the terrible twos. That's a lie. He is in a full fledged relationship with the terrible twos. But more on that in another post...Luckily, Owen was a rockstar. I did have my secret weapon - a portable DVD player (fully charged this time) with an arsenal of Baby Einstein movies. That did the trick! My 2nd brilliant move was to stratigically seat myself in front of a baby who screamed for the duration of the flight. It's a dirty trick but Owen was the automatic winner! What's more is that after 2 years of ignoring Owen's whining, I was able to tune the other baby out!

For the week of the wedding, my mother and father rented a house in Flordia and we stayed with them. That was absolutely the way to go as far as accomodations. We had all the comforts of home (and more actually) and Owen had plenty of space to explore and roam. Haha! I'm a poet and don't know it!

Danielle, Keith and Peyton Mazur came to visit us right off the bat. It was so wonderful to finally meet them. I love meeting other families who are going through the same thing and to see other body types that are the same as my son's. The Mazurs were awesome! Definitely my kind of people. I'm look forward to seeing them the next time we are in Florida.
Peyton...I can't even talk about her without bursting with excitement. She is SOOOOO cute! Sweet, happy, loving, nice.
Owen and Peyton got along very well. There was quite a bit of smooching going on!

If we could read their minds...

Owen: Uuhh...hey there hot stuff. Are those comfort fit diapers you're wearing?
Peyton: Ruuuude! That's none of your business! Owen: I'm sorry. I just was just trying to start a conversation. You're so pretty
Peyton: Awwww! That's OK. I think your cute too.
Owen: So...you wanna watch a Baby Einstein video with me sometime?
Peyton: Sure! But only if I can bring the apple juice.
Owen: I think I love you!
Ok - maybe could have done without the comments, but that's how I heard it in my head!

Here's a few more pictures.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

I love your pictures! they came out better than mine, could you send me them? We had a great time too, and I think Peyton's responses to Owen were pretty on...Keith showed her the pictures and she got all excited! I can't wait to see pictures from Anne's wedding!

Caden and Mommy said...

Cat!
I love your dialougue in the Owen & Peyton pictures. I hope Owen is willing to share Peyton at the National Conference this year :0). As far as the terrible two's ... I think Caden is heading in that direction. AHHH!
Trisha

Kim said...

Cat as usual you have me laughing. I actually think that dialouge was very funny! What great shots. I cannot wait to hear about the rest of the weekend!

Unknown said...

Just wait until the "3's". What a great blog entry. Very entertaining. Some great photos. Isn't it wonderful meeting families with LP's! Peyton and Owen friends forever.

Melissa Swartley said...

Awww! Such cute photos! Funny dialogue too!

Tonya said...

Fun!!! Glad everything went well!! The pics are great!!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

It wouldn't have been the same without your commentary! LOVE it!! They are so cute together!!

Greene Family said...

The dialouge between Owen and Peyton is too funny! They are so cute together - great pics!! It sounds like you guys had a great trip . . . looking forward to seeing pics from your sister's wedding!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love reading your posts. It is so nice when we are able to get together with other LP families - we are really looking forward to NYC.