Friday, August 15, 2008

Englishman in Detroit...

Or English-people I should say! Clare and Andy Dungey decided to take a 3 week whirlwind tour of the US, Detroit was on their agenda! Anyone who has read their blog has been touched by their story. We felt their excitement over having a "little" baby and shared in their heartbreak when precious Theodore passed within hours of his birth.

It surreal to finally have met them! Clare and Andy were every bit as wonderful in person as they are on paper (or computer screen?). They even indulged us in the cultural differences between our 2 great nations. Marmite and cream tea vs. Oreo Pop Tarts & porch swings. The only thing I failed to get was all the gossip on Becks and Posh! Are they really as big in England as I hear they are? How trite of me! Holy crap! 6 hours with the Dungey's and I'm pulling a Madonna goes British makeover! Anyhoo... it just goes to show you how, minus all the perverts and pop up ads, the internet can be a wonderful place (right Blair?).

One of the more exciting parts of the day was that Dan was actually able to attend. Everyone met the man and not the myth. He looked particularly handsome that day too.


Back row: Sue Hollie Middle Row: Tonya, Cat, Clare, Andy
Front Row: Sponge Bob Squarepants the sippy cup

Future Hell's Angel


I wonder where Knoah learned this face?
Oh! That's where he learned it!
Owen's brother from another mother.
Kaela gets some sloppy doggie kisses
I'm pretty obsessed with Kaela. Could she be any cuter??
Will's quite the cutie pie too!
What the hell is this thing?
My mother came to see Andy and Clare too!
Forging international relationships
Bicycle built for two? The loves of my life
Owen had a great day meeting Clare and Andy. Cheerio good chaps!

11 comments:

Tonya said...

Thx Cat!! Really, revenge will be sweet!!! ;)

Danielle said...

I'll say it again...I wish we lived close to everyone!!!

Great pictures, and it sounds like you all had a great time. While I never posted on their site, I did follow Andy and Clare's story and my heart ached for them and their loss. It's wonderful that they got to come on vacation and meet such great people!

Charlene said...

Geat pics!!!
All the boys are just way too cute, and Kaela, she is such a sweetheart. ♥ ♥ ♥

It looks like you all had a blast! While I have never posted on their site, I too have been following Clare and Andy's story for a while now and my heart still aches for them. They sound like such a wonderful couple and I am glad they got to come meet everyone.

Kim said...

I am so jealous I was not there.
Some comments: Cat as usual your postsrack meup. You know what made me laugh the hardest? The fact thatyou included the sippy cup in the photo caption. It's things like that that make me know you and I will completely be great friends.
Second I cannot deal with your son in a rugby shirt and shorts. I mean seriously? Edible. Just that cute.
Third-Tonya is totally getting you back for that picture-but in all fairness Tonya, it totally worked under Knoah's pic.

It is so cool that your mom joins your events. What a cool grandma!

My sister in law is British and sometimes I too try to speak like her. I confess I dig her accent. Props to my bro for marrying her. She always says, Brilliant! which in turn makes me think of the beer commercials,,,but I digress.

Kim said...

Oh wow, here I was hoping for more of an "Owen fix" and I get all those beautiful babies! Yeah for me! :)
I don't believe I posted a comment on Andy and Clare's page but I weeped with them and prayed for them. They seem like such a great couple of people and it sounds like you all had a great time!
I'm seeing the similarities between you and the new improved British version of Madonna...ummmm yeah...lol...well she WAS from Michigan right?

Alex said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!!

Mike Mallinson said...

So I totally love the pics of Knoah and Tonya making faces, but I have to know - where did you get that killer bike? I love the height! It's perfect!

Lisa said...

Great photos as always. You guys are so lucky that you're close and can get together on a semi-routine basis. Love seeing all of the little ones together.

The Johnson Family 5 said...

I just realized that I hadn't commented on this post! I was seriously cracking up about the sippy cup in the pic...seriously! How fun to have like your own mini LP chapter in MI! You don't even have to go to the main events...just host your own...so completely jealous!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cat, what a great entry - sippy cup - made me laugh out loud in the middle of the internet cafe!!

Firstly, to answer an important question - yes, England is obsessed with Posh and Becks! - most little boys idolise Becks and Posh is a fashion icon.

Secondly, it was so great to meet you guys! Owen is seriously cute, your mum and grandma - simply brilliant and you and Dan are just our kind of people - i could have talked with you all week. Thank you for making the effort to travel and be with us - we were thrilled!

Thirdly, it never fails to amaze us how many people we don't know have faithfully followed our blog -looking at the comments on this entry we am so touched and grateful. Thank you to all those people from the bottom of our hearts for your support.

We'll be posting when we get back next week so watch this space!

Love Clare and Andy

Charms said...

oh just love the pics!!!!!!! and Knoah seems to be a quick learner!!!! that got me going.

Happy to see you had a great time!!