Thursday, February 28, 2008

He's OK!

Thank you to everyone for your concern for Owen! I am happy to report he is feeling much better. He's still not 100% on the Owen Personality Meter (more like 74 to 76%) but he's closer to get back to his old self. The nebulizer treatments definitely helped and we were able to keep him out of the hospital. Hallelujah! I was a little worried about the prospect of having to take him to the hospital. We have already had 2 ER trips since October. At what point does Social Services start to worry!? Despite how much the treatments are helping, they are not Owen's favorite activity. You can see how miserable he is. It really gets his heart going. It's a little frighting to feeling your childs heart pumping so fast but it is a side effect of the medicine. I'm back to work ~sigh~ and he's well enough to go back to day care so life is back to normal (did I just use that term?). If there was an upside to Owen being sick, it was that his was so cuddly! All he wanted to do was lay on Dan and I which rarely happens any more. See? There's always a silver lining!

5 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Owen looks so cute with his nebulizer! Cole's was a mask that I had to hold over his mouth and nose (that was fun). I'm so glad he is feeling better :) I hate when they don't feel well.
You are right...we know more words about things we would normally not know about just having our precious little ones! I will remember to bring my camera. I will post the pics tomorrow! :)

Lisa said...

Hang in there! I'm glad he's doing much better. Liz got RSV too when she was about Owen's age...very stressful. The nebulizer treatments are a Godsend!

Tonya said...

I am so glad he is feeling better!!

Knoah falls asleep during his treatments. Poor baby!!

Social Services doesn't worry until the 100th visit...we are only at 95 so we have a few more to go! ;)

Sarah said...

Hey Cat. So glad to hear Owen is feeling better! It's so scary when our little ones are sick. I hope you all are getting some (I'm sure well needed) rest!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cat-Owen is so cute! Preston had RSV last year at a year old. This year was pneumonia. He is not too fond of the nebulizer I call it "the machine."
So happy to hear Owen is feeling better!
-Kim