Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Never a dull moment!

Owen has respiratory syncytial virus or RSV. He is one sick little boy. He developed a cough on Friday and got progressively worse through the weekend. By Sunday, he was lethargic and miserable. The scary thing for us is that he was not interested in eating at all which was very alarming to us. My biggest concern was the dehydration. We took him to the doctor yesterday morning and the doc said it was RSV. He sent 3 babies to the hospital for it last week so it goes without saying that it seems to be circulating. Luckily the pediatrician felt that we could treat it at home so we now have to give him nebulizer treatments 3 times a day for a week! This little virus is pretty nasty. It last for 10 days to 2 weeks so Owen will start to feel better - in a week. Great! Poor guy. I took a couple days off of work to stay with him. I'll keep everyone updated!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry to hear little Owen is sick! We all send well wishes his way and hope he gets over it real soon!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Poor little buddy man...I hate it when our little guys are sick. It looks like its gonna be ear tubes for Drew. Yeah! Love ya~ Call me!

Anne

Candi and Skeet said...

Poor little guy! I will keep him in my prayers. I hope he starts to feel better soon!

Much love,
Candi

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Poor baby!! Cole was sick a few months ago and they thought it was RSV, but it wasn't. We also had to do the nebulizer treatments. Cole hated it at first and then he just accepted it. I know how scary that can be! I hope he gets to feeling better soon!! We send our love!

Tonya said...

OMG!!!! I hope he didn't get sick because of Knoah!!! Knoah didn't have RSV though!!! OMG!!!! Cat!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope Owen gets well soon. That is so scary to hear. Bryan is sick as well, double ear infection and pink eye in both eyes. He is just miserable. We're hoping tomorrow will be better. Praying for Owen to get better soon.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Dave said...

With four kids I certainly feel your pain! They're past most of those types of issues now, but it was dicey for a while, particularly with Ryan. While it's scarey now, Cat, you and yours will pull through. Of course, you all have our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Cat and remember, your little one is a tough cookie! We will be thinking of and praying for you all.

Love Clare xxx

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that you can treat him at home rather than the hospital. Hope he gets well really soon!!
Be blessed, Evelyn (Samuel's Mommy)

~Denise~ said...

Hoping Owen is better real soon!

Anonymous said...

Owen~~
God will make you being stronger.
Owen is good standing up medical treatments.

cheer up!
I am praying for you and your fammily.