Monday, April 21, 2008

What a difference 17 days makes!

No ER trips so far this week! It is only 1pm on Monday however, so I suppose my jubilence is a little premature. Owen does have a nice fresh bruise on his forehead from head-butting the floor (not really sure if it was on purpose or not) but he's OK. Our physical therepists asked us a while back if we would like a helmut for Owen now that he was beggining to walk. We laughed and told them it wouldn't be necessary...Suffice to say we are rethinking this offer! How many injuries before social services comes a knockin'?

Owen is just picking up steam like you wouldn't believe. We've affectionately begun to call him "The Druken Sailor", as you will see below. Hopefully he won't start cursing like one too, like his buddy Preston. LOL!!

**Note: 10 points to anyone who can figure out what I've been doing with my week of unemployment by listening to the background noise. Hint: Do the names Mr. Jay and Nigel Barker ring anybells? Hahaha!! More on this subject on a later post.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh Owen, great job! He's really doing great. He's such a cutie. Do you clean your house before you take video or are you just that clean :) I have a little addiction to the same show :) Hope you are enjoying your time with no outside the home work :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Owen!

So wonderful to see the video. Thanks for posting.

We love you,
Aunt Linda, Uncle Andy and Cousin Evelyn

Danielle said...

Sooooo Cute! I love how he walks! He needs to come down and show Peyton how it's done!

Kim said...

Owen is hilarious. I love baby Frankenstein walk! It is so cute. Within one week he'll be flying around your house.
Don't worry about the bruises-and if CPS comes Preston will call them "assauces" anyway! Hee Hee,
I love his little shows too! He is so cute.

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Wow!! So cute! He really is a drunken sailor when he walk, but I think it gives him character! ;) I love the part when he falls and wants to fuss, but then realizes that he's Ok...what a cutie!!!

Stacey said...

Owen is so darn cute!! He is doing so well. Anne told me to check out the video. I'd love to get some pictures of him.:0)

Catie said...

Wow! He is really taking off, it won't be long and he will really be into everything. And I have to agree with everyone...he is so darn cute!

Amanda said...

oh my, how adorable! trust me, it won't be long before he thinks, "hey, i can just keep on walking...anywhere i want!" and ZOOM, he'll be off. i remember how funny it was when my son realized that!

-amanda (FJ reader)