Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Prayers Needed - Seve's Story

Last week a woman named Seve contacted me. She is currently dealing with the same agonizing news that Dan and I went throught a little over a year ago. She has allowed me to share her story with you. Seve is pregnant with twin boys and one has been given a bleak diagnosis.
Cathrine, my name is Seve. I read and watched your story online a few weeks ago and thought how incredible your story is. Now, we have found out that we are praying for our miracle.

If you have any words of wisdom that you found helpful, please share.

I am 28 weeks pregnant with twin boys. At my 20 wk ultrasound they told us that one of the boys needed to be double checked. So we rescheduled the U/S at 24 wks. The same conclusion was found and we were told that Caleb has skelatal dysplasia. The next day my OB called and I was scheduled to see a perinatologist 2 days later. His first diagnosis was mild/moderate Achondroplasia, but we had a follow up visit scheduled at 28 wks. This appt. was yesterday. His new conclusion is not hopeful at all. He said that the 12 bones in the arms and legs didn't just measure short this time, but VERY short and his chest cavity has not grown in the last 4 wks. He showed us the U/S pic. and the heart- that is normal size- just about fills the cavity, my dr. said to pray for a miracle but prepare for the worst.

How do you begin to prepare for a birth and a funeral at the same time. My next visit isn't until the end of April, then I guess we will know for sure if nothing has changed from the 1st to the 3rd visit.

I'm praying that my family can be as blessed as your family has been. If you could share anything else about your inspirational story it would be greatly appriciated.

Here is her 2nd letter to me explaining a little more.
The diagnosis is bleak, my Dr. showed us the U/S picture that showed his abdomen is normal size and there is a steep slope from his abdomen to his chest cavity, also showing that his heart is normal size and in perfect condition but, almost fills his chest cavity, and the excess amniotic fluid building up because he is not passing it through his system, I may have to have an amnio depending on the next appt. to drain some fluid so that it is not creating to much pressure for his brother.

I am bracing myself for the worst. That is just the type of person I am, I can't bear the thought of coming home from the hospital with our one little boy and at the same time planning a funeral for his brother. So I am making the preperations now praying that it is all needless.

At the same time we are not giving up and still redecorating the nursery for all THREE of our boys, I'm done with the precious moments we used for our 16 mo. old Ethan, I think he is to because he's begun pulling things off the wall and everything he gets a choice on for the new room has to be ELMO or Cars. Which is great because the colors are so fun to work with, after I saw your video I took your idea of putting the boys names on the wall in bright primary colors.

As for my gut feeling, I certainly have cried my share of tears, but I feel everything will be okay. Now wether that means he will make it or not, I just know we as a family will be okay.

With my faith we believe that because we are married for time and eternity, that families are forever, (What is bound on earth shall be bound in heaven). This brings such peace to me, that what ever happens to our child, as much as we want him to survive and live a full and happy life, if it is not the will of the Lord, we know that we will be able to raise him after the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

You are more than welcome to post anything I write to you on your blog, the more prayers on our behalf right now the better.

I will keep you posted on what we continue to find out.

I thank Heavenly Father every day for the people we meet in this world, and I know I was lead to the LPA website to help me prepare for wherever our road leads us, thank you for being one of these special angels, sent my direction.

Seve
Seve really needs all the help she can get. I believe from the bottom of my heart that all the prayers we received for Owen resulted in a miracle and she needs the same thing. Please keep Seve's family and her boys in your prayers. I will keep everyone updated.

7 comments:

Candi and Skeet said...

Cat,
Seve contacted me per your suggestion (did you know that she and I live only a few hours from each other?). I am praying for her every day that she gets a miracle like yours but know, and agree with her 100%, that if Caleb joins Avery in heaven he will be hers forever, and she will get to raise him someday. Thank you for posting this, is it okay if I post a link to your page on my blog?

Sarah said...

Seve, my families prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. We are here if you need anything. Sarah

Kim said...

Seve,
Miracles happen. My son's chest was too small to sustain life they said. His bones too small. They were wrong. He is a happy bright two year old!
I am praying for you and your family.
-Kim

Jennifer said...

Miracles happen and mistakes and misdiagnoses happen too. I will be praying for strength for Seve and her family and praying that God will grant them the miracle they are hoping for.

Anonymous said...

Seve,
You and your family are in my prayers. I know your pain, I went through the same thing 15 years ago (as referred to on Candi's blog, yes, I do read it!) If you would like to contact me, feel free to get my info from Candi.

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

Seve,

We too, had the same diagnosis. You can read about my beautiful grandson on my blog. As Jennifer said, mistakes happen and things in eutero are not always as they seem. I am praying for you and your family, that you will find peace while waiting, and that your beautiful baby boys will bring you a lifetime of joy. Every life has a purpose.

Godspeed,

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Lisa said...

Seve, I can't imagine what you're going thru. But we'll throw all our thoughts and prayers your way. Keep in touch with Cat. We'll all thinking of you.
Lisa